Monday, January 26, 2009

10 signs of Crazy...

Taking one of my wee strolls on the magical, mystical interweb during lunch...came across this article in one of my not so favourite sites. It's a list of ' How to tell your Girl is Crazy'. However, I found it interesting and would like to counter a few points.

We can all be a bit crazy sometimes, we all have our triggers. So I find this a bit misleading and inflammatory...but see my comments below:

Number 10
She calls you endlessly
She's constantly checking up on you to find what you're doing, who you're with, how your day is going, and so on. The telephone seems to be her monitoring device; a way of knowing where you are at all times. And if you happen to not answer one of her calls, she'll keep hounding you until you pick up, and then drill you about not answering. This is more than just annoying; it leads you to question her behavior and underlying mental state.

Ok, endlessly is quite subjective. And I agree, nothing is a buzz killer like the 20 phone call a day bullshit. So, man or woman, keep it under control ok??? Sign of crazy, naaaa, just a little too much.

Number 9
She's been in weird relationships
As you get to know a girl, she'll likely open up to you about her past. When she does, listen to find out what kind of guys she's dated. Keep an ear out for a history of emotionally- or physically-abusive relationships. Does she claim that her 10 past boyfriends all had clinical problems, or coincidentally all got restraining orders against her? Pick up on her past relationship experiences to find out what they say about her.


Who the fuck hasn't been in a weird relationship????? Pffft. In fact, I don't want to be with any man who hasn't had at least one. That way you appreciate good ones.
As for the long repeat history of it, or claiming that all your ex's were nuts, well that I agree is a bit of a flag. Could just be complete self-denial issues, but regardless, you are dealing with someone who isn't mature enough to step up and claim accountability. But nuts, naaaa.
As long as the baggage is carry-on level, carry on!


Number 8
She hijacks your family and friends
She's infiltrated your circle of family and friends like an intelligence operative. Maybe she goes shopping with your sister, or regularly talks to your mom on the phone. She might even go to the movies with your best friend's girlfriend. And while all this might be innocent in and of itself, the problem is that you don't even know that she's doing it. It seems that her motivation is to find out more about you, or build alliances with your friends and family. And the end result is that it'll be harder to dump her because she'll have your loved ones in her pocket.

I find this one way out of order. If you are spending time with your bf and his friends and family, it's only natural that you will find at least one of them that you get along with really well, and perhaps do go to the movies/shopping with. I find it very controlling to suggest that your gf isn't allowed to strike up a friendship with anyone close to you, yet, you insist she hangs out with them. Can anyone say 'arm candy'????? You can always tell the difference between honesty and manipulation, use your brain guys.


Number 7

She argues in public
It's normal for couples to have disagreements, but she instigates confrontation... in public, no less. She'll accuse you of one thing, then scream at you because of another. Whatever the reason, it's never the time and place for her outbursts. Furthermore, she nitpicks and criticizes you in front of your friends and family.


Um. Ah. Um. K....so I have been accused of, and yes I confess, I do this. Now, remember that most of the time alcohol is involved, and lets face it, some of us can't handle our booze as well as others, or we are just a bad drunk. I fall into the later category. I have tried to control this, to some success. But, trust me, if you piss me off when I've had a few you will hear about it. And yes, it could be about anything. Sorry, I'm not perfect. Moving on....

(however, I never nitpick or criticise, I will tease and cajole and wind up, but never humiliate)

Number 6
She's unpredictable
You can never anticipate her behavior and what sort of mood she'll be in. She has wild mood swings, breaking down and crying spontaneously or screaming over petty things for no apparent reason. She might even be clinically bipolar. In any case, she's a loose canon, one who could become violent and physically attack you or hurt herself. You should consider all this before making her part of your life. Who's she to give you the third degree?


Oh ya, I forgot, because men's moods are soooooo damn predictible. Give me a break.
We are all human. We have PMS, workloads, kids, money drama, family issues etc etc. There are many reasons why we ALL behave this way on occasion. If you want Mary Sunshine, move to fucking Cloud 9 dude. Being overly emotional and consistently unpredictible mood-wise isn't good though, and you should probably seek medical help. Seriously, I know women/men like this and it turned out to be a thyroid problem, and there are many health problems that can cause this....not making excuses, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater k?

And why is it always down to 'the third degree' with men. One little outburst and it's the first thing out of your mouth....jeesh

Number 5
She lies constantly
She lies to you compulsively about everything and anything, big or small, and does so for no reason. She might fib about going to a movie, when she really went to have a coffee with her girlfriend. She might not necessarily be trying to hide something, which is makes the lies so strange. If you observe her consistently lying to friends, family and co-workers, there's no reason to think that she isn't lying to you, too. You might have a pathological headcase on your hands.

K, I agree completely about this one. I am big on honesty. Especially if there is nothing to hide, why are you hiding?
I wouldn't say nutter, but definitely not a healthy person. Or they have been trained to lie, but make sure you know why first. Then dump them if it continues. Who needs that grief?

Number 4
She interrogates you
In her eyes, you can do no right. So, she likes to play detective and find out what mischief you've been up to. She wants to know why you were 10 minutes late meeting her. Or she demands the details of the discussion you had while you were hanging out with a buddy. Your answers will never be enough. She always wants to know more; she must know anything and everything that involves you


Are we talking about 'hey honey, how was your night last night?' or 'where were you, who was there, what did you eat'.... some questions are normal, and are part of getting to know someone and their likes/dislikes/patterns of behaviour. Delving into conversations is just plain weird though, so if your bf/gf starts asking what you talked about with a friend, ask why, it's odd.

Number 3
She snoops around
It starts with an invasion of your privacy, and then, to make matters worse, she confronts you about whatever it is she thinks she discovered. Maybe it's restricted to casual glances around your apartment for clues of other women in your life. Or it could go as far as to involve thorough searches of your living and work spaces, including the monitoring of e-mail or voice messages without your knowledge.

This one hit close to home. I have only ever done this twice in my life. First time, well I have no idea why I did it, other than I was feeling insecure in the relationship and figured their must be a reason why he didn't seem to care about me anymore. I looked at a phone bill, that's it. Found nothing. Let it be.

Second time, bad. Again, I don't know why, but it was honest, honourable intentions. But went horribly awry. I thought he had gotten bad news on his cell via text, as his mood had drastically changed. Next day I looked (smacking myself now for you). And well, I found something I wish I hadn't. I confronted him. It wasn't pretty. We were both in the wrong. His texting who he texted, and the content thereof, and me for invading his privacy. A lot of trust was broken that day. A lot.

I don't advise doing this, ever. I know we all have at some point. But try to stop yourself.
and for the record, guys do it too....

Number 2
She freaks over other women
They could be hot, or not, but she freaks out regardless. Whether it's with an elbow nudge or a discreet (or not-so-discreet) pinch of your arm, she's going to let you know that you shouldn't be looking. The really scary thing is that you may not even be looking in the first place. She might also demand that you stop hanging out with female friends or communicating with ex-girlfriends. This sort of jealousy is an example of serious insecurity.

Ok, again, a lot of variables. And it's about respect. My level of respect-ation might be different than yours. Fact of the matter is that you and your man have to come to an agreement as to what's acceptable and what isn't.
I'm a flirt, but never blatant or disrespectful.
He's a flirt, big time, and yes occasionally pisses me off and steps over the line. But, he knows my boundaries, and knows that I will walk away if necessary.

I would never ask any man I was with to give up his female friends though, unless there was a valid reason (ie - she comes on to him in front of me, or bad mouths me)...that would be unfair, and I have a lot of guy friends that I would hate to lose....so if someone asked me to do that for them I would be offended.

Number 1
She stalks you
She follows you around to "check up" on you. You might have told her that you were going for a few beers with your buddies at the local bar, only to have her show up unannounced. The worst part is that she thinks this is normal behavior! If she calls and e-mails you incessantly, and shows up at your home or office unexpectedly, you might be in need of a restraining order.

This is a biggie. We aren't talking about surprise romantic lunches being brought to his work. If you ever find yourself feeling like you should 'just go to the pub to see if he's there' and even to the extent of calling a friend to come with you...well, you need to take a good look at your serious insecurities. Now if you suspect him of cheating, and have valid reason to, then be prepared for what you might find.

But constant 'stalking' is just not cool, and definitely a sure sign of a Crazy Girl....


so, what are your thoughts????

xo
Cheekie aka The Teeny Bit Crazy But Perfectly Harmlessish Chick


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of those are just plain ridiculous aren't they? Nice rebuttal!

SaneAndSingle said...

So, numbers 5 and 1 are the only ones that I really completely agree with. The rest of it sounds like it was pulled from "How to be a player and manipulator" handbook. It sounds more like "woman control" than guidelines for relationship seeking individuals. No wonder men and women can't get along!

auntiegwen said...

hey cheekie, nice to see you back girl xxxx