Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wish I had written this! aka - Best Post of the Week...

Well there I was, checking out all my usual little bloggie hangouts.

Clicked onto A Dress A Day (one of my very very fave sewing sites, great writing, great vintage patterns, just great in general) and lo and behold, there before me was one of the best analogies ever written.


here's a wee clip, but I HIGHLY recommend that you go and read it yourself.
Brilliantly, succinctly and no bullshittedly put. I needed to hear this today, and I bet it'll do you some good as well...
xo
Cheekie

(even if you don't have a clue about sewing or don't care to, it doesn't matter...check it out)

Sometimes when people say they're afraid of failure, what they really mean is that they are afraid of humiliation. Which is completely understandable. But, speaking as someone who has felt humiliated more times than she'd like to remember, humiliation passes. (It passes like a kidney stone passes, but that's another story.) Not to mention that humiliation passes differently for each person: you remember it for months; the witnesses remember it for seconds (they have their own humiliations to obsess over, and don't have time for yours). You wake up the next morning, same as always. You head back into work, you run into that guy again ("Uh, hi!"), you get a new haircut to fix the one that wasn't such a good idea, after all. But at least you tried, and now you know something you didn't know before.

No comments: