Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Life is like a box of Whizzo Chocolates


Crunchy Frog anyone???


Yup. I'm in a bit of a silly. Must be the spring thing.
It's amazing, everyone is suddenly smiling again! I love it!

I've had some great nights out the past few weeks with all of my lovely, adorable, sweet friends.
Laughs and silliness everywhere...it's great! 
Certainly makes up for that miserable bitch of a winter we had. Bye bye, you frosty harlot you.


So, a while ago I promised a 'new' thing here in which I will invite and answer any kind of relationship question you have. Or whatever question you have, even how to make my killer chocolate chip butter tart squares. They rock. Just in time for bikini season too...lol.

But I digress ( a lot).
The idea is that I will answer your question, in my own inimitable way, and I also invite all of you to pipe in with your advice or comfort to the questioner. 
Think of it as Cheekie Therapy....and you can even grab a glass of wine and lay on your own damn couch!


So here we go!

This week's question comes from Anon (yes, you can ask anonymously, seriously I don't need to know who you are) and she has some issues regarding her man and their relationship.
Seems that Mr. has a habit of disappearing for days on end. They live together, she has a small child (not his). But it is a fairly new relationship.
Now. In her words:

'my child loves him and they play, feeding, diaper changes are all mutual. He cooks, does dishes and mops like there's no tomorrow.........and the sex is great'


Now, the longest he has disappeared for is 4 days, no call, nothing.
The day she sent this he had gone to the store, supposedly a brief jaunt, but it had been over two hours since he left. 


Ahem:

DTMFA (credit Mr Dan Savage for that one, thank you Dan, you are a God to me).

Your child and you-yourself are relying on you. You. This is not a healthy situation, nor stable. In the least. I am sure he is a great guy, but great guys do not do this to AMAZING women such as yourself. You need to nip this in the bud right quick before it becomes worse. And it will.
You, believe or not, are allowing this in your life. You are allowing him to do this just by the very fact that he is still there, with you and your child.

I realize how important great sex is (oh man, do I), but, BUT, I say go back to battery power for awhile and save your heart and mind and sanity. 

As for the other 'good' stuff that he does?
I would much rather change all the diapers and leave a sink full of dishes. 
Give your child the gift that few of us had.
An example of a good, warm, RESPECTFUL relationship. And the knowledge of a lesson taught by a great mama that you do NOT treat people like that. Period.

Sorry sweetie, I don't mean to be so harsh, but I think you knew I would be.
And I also think that the very fact that you posed this question to me means that you 
already know the answer....

You are a smart chick, don't let him dumb you down.
And please, don't settle. You are worth so much more than this.

Go find a mirror and repeat this to your reflection
'I'm so fabulous, I piss glitter' and then kick him to the curb.

thanks to you-know-who for that glitter saying ;)


Any one else care to chime in???
Any similar experiences to share???


xo
Cheekie

2 comments:

lisa q. said...

Good call Cheekie! This is one of those cases where you have to call a spade, a spade. Time to cut and run! I've even got some spare batteries I'll donate to the cause!

NML/Natalie said...

I'm late to this as I am finally finding some time to read blogs and I am open mouthed at this chump! I agree with LisaQ - what's to ask? It is, what it is! Run like a mofo!