Monday, August 25, 2008

Tested

Yup. Day 6 ish of my wacky idea to hold off on the physical stuff for a while.
And wouldn't you know it, big test, last night.

And I passed!
Well, sort of. More like I audited the course.

Kryptonite made an appearance. And I could not avoid it.
But, it was honestly one of the nicest, most relaxing, non-physical nights I have had in
a long time.
I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, so I just resigned myself to the fact that
just because I wanted my kryptonite, it didn't mean I had to wallow in it.

Sometimes kryptonite needs Superman, and Superman is happy to help.
I felt and feel great today.
Yes, there was an entire night made of it, and morning.
But on a completely different level than I think Super and kryptonite have
had before. Kryptonite has lost some powers recently, and Superman needed
to restore them, and was happy to do so even knowing that those powers
will and can be used against her. I trusted Kryptonite. And I was right to.

Kryptonite and Super miss each other.
Simple as that.
No ulterior motives, no 'using', no 'fwb', just two people who
needed each other. As friends.

It is extremely heartwarming to be needed in that way.
To be able to comfort someone, without any physical motives.

Kryptonite is such a good person.
Such a sweet soul, albeit a trouble one right now, but so sweet none the less.

Superman needs kryptonite.
As much as it weakens, it also strenthens.

To think, I was almost prepared to go the whole nine yards, give up
my little promise to myself, when the whole night took a different spin.

For the better.
and to be thanked today for being there, for being such a good friend,
well, it was better than anything else could have been.

Almost. 24 more sleeps.

Let's see if I can do it.
Damn you kryptonite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it girl! I know it! Go you!