Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What, pray tell, is a 10...

So, over at Honey and Lance, there is a posting and discussion about Dating Ugly, and why it is that some people (mainly women) who are '10's' date '5's' or lower due to their social status.

I have my theories on why 'hot 10' chicks date 'ugly 5'ers' (which btw is due to a lifetime of no substance douches who think that because they have 'game' makes them more desirable and beyond a 7...when in fact, maybe, even hot girls want more to life than a good lay or to be constantly treated like shit because they are hot and insecure players think the only way to keep them is to treat them like they are garbage thereby making them as insecure as them, when in fact the '5's' WANT to treat them nicely and feel happy and glad to be with them...just a theory, but hey, isn't everyone's?)

ANYWAY.....

It got me really thinking.
What is a 10?

What do you consider a 10????
Is it purely looks?
Is it looks + money + social stature?
Is it all of the above + a nice car?

What is it?????

For me, a 10 might not be what you think is a 10.

I need that 'thing' the 'it' factor.
If you are going purely on outward appearance, without any knowledge of the actual person (although I'd like to...), then gimme Jason Statham (god, I think I just had an orgasm writing his name...he has 'it' too, and he can do it to me anytime, anywhere, anyplace he goddamn wants to...um...ah, gimme a minute here.....)

Ok...um where was I?
Ya, to me, he is it. Sexy as fucking hell. Holy crap.
HOLY crap. I mean that pic, the linked one...fuck me. He could do that to me, really, I wouldn't mind. One bit. Like not even a teeny tiny bit. 

Top of my 'honey if we ever do meet a celeb and have a 'fuckemfree' card' list...

But, I digress (very pleasantly)
So, what is your 10?
What is your 5?

My 5?
Brad Pitt. Seriously.
He is pretty, but frankly, he has no sex appeal to me at all (except Fight Club-but it was forced). Sorry, he and Tom Cruise are 5's to me, although Tom is more of a 4...nutjob factor n all.

My 3? 
Rowan Atkinson.
LOL. Although I love and respect him dearly.
Just for a pure example only.

So, what do you say???
Let's have it!
I want answers people!

xo

6 comments:

lisa q. said...

My perfect fuckemfree celeb 10s are Johnny Depp and Jon Bon Jovi. Both are smokin' but also are family men who have incredible values and character.

I definitely have to agree with you on the Brad Pitt call. He used to be so much hotter but began a slow decline with the whole Angelina thing. Tom Cruise? ewwwww...dude doesn't even get on the scale for me...

ME said...

I think a "10" for men and women is less about social status and bank cards and more about sex appeal. At least IMO. I think some of the sexiest women are those with confidence, sex appeal, character, charm, and curves!

cheekie said...

mmmm Johnny Depp, how in the hell could I forget him...yum yum...

See JBV doesn't do a thing for me at all...
And I only mentioned Tom Cruise, as an example of someone who used to have 'it' (though not for me) but how fleeting the shallowness can be...and lead to pure nutterdom...

What about women?
Who do YOU think is a perfect 10 woman?

I would say probably Scarlett Johansson, maybe Halle Berry. I dunno...toughie.

Although, I look at some of the more mature female celebs who have never gone under the knife and who still would float my boat (if I went that way, that is)
Julie Christie, she looks soooo amazing!
Sophia Loren, Isabella Rosselini...
I mean come on, not a one of them is 'perfect' but they all have 'it'...brains, talent and beauty...family...

Hot Alpha Female said...

You know i think that you just proved on that post that someone's five and someone's ten can be completely different things.

The one thing that i have realised is that your 10 could be someone else's 5.

Its all so subjective!!

This kind of relates to my recent post where i talk about ... your mr right ... might not be what you think he is.

Coz here is thing, if we are constantly looking for someone to fit into this mould that we have given ourselves we totally exclude so many people who might be really great for us!

I dunno food for thought

Hot Alpha Female

www.hotalphafemale.blogspot.com

cheekie said...

Oh exactly HAF....I have said this a few times now (like a zillion) but most of my very best, most memorable, hottest experiences are with guys that are not 10's. And with guys that just a few years ago I wouldn't have looked twice at. Except for 'it'. The chemistry. That's what it's all about.

Although I am sticking my ground on Jason Statham. 10. 10. 10....
God, I typed his name again....*sigh*.....

cheekie said...

p.s. I meant '10' in the traditional sense of the word, as in model-10, perfect 10...etc.
Cause to me, the guys I mentioned are at the top of my list too....good solid 9's...purely on chemistry. Oh and eyes. Oh and nice bums too...
:-)

besides, who am I to judge? some might think me an 8, whilst others might think me a 5....etc etc. I know I am not a 10. but that is quite ok with me!!!!