Sunday, July 6, 2008

Valour is the better part of Discretion

so.

ready for a rant???
get comfy...I am pissed.

I have to admit that I am highly disturbed by the amount of kiss n tell's, gossip mongers, and basic no life news hounds.
I have had enough.

Basic fact of the matter is that when you care about someone that care should be founded in friendship which, to me anyway, indicates respect.
If someone does not respect you or your privacy then they are not worth a toss.

That is the problem when you have a close, very insular group of friends.
Or even acquaintances, and sometimes, in the blogging world , common friends (if you can call them that)

See, it really is a small world after all.
I do not want to discuss my very personal intimate moments with anyone.
Except the person I had them with.
It is disrespectful and a show of the most ultimate insecurity to brag about the notches in your bedpost.
I find it distasteful.
Call me a prude, but frankly I don't care.

I am loyal to a fault.
In fact, just this evening I was out and the questions and inquisitive looks were relentless.
Yes, I am having a bit of a rough time with the person in my life right now.
But, I still respect him enough to not flog it about publicly.
I will not, nor do I have reason to, call him names, or talk badly about him just because of circumstance. I still care, regardless.

We are all human beings, with human feelings and emotions, and one person's reasons for behaving the way they do are their issue alone.
I am not in the business of making anyone feel humiliated or feel like they have done me wrong because I didn't understand completely what they were thinking.

I have spent a great majority of my life being misunderstood, I know how it feels.

I trust my gut.
I trust my belief.

I know.

And you know what? If you are someone I care about I will defend you to the death.
No questions asked.

So to all of you out there who feel the need to brag about your conquests, talk trash about people you supposedly care about, and generally  have self serving ,egotistic notions of friendship...fuck off.

seriously. I am sick of back stabbing two faced cunts..yes I said CUNTS.

xo

4 comments:

lisa q. said...

God I love you! You rock. Hard.

You know this is an issue I have been struggling with. In some ways this need to flaunt and bash and air dirty laundry reminds me of something my ex-husband once said. In the midst of an argument, he was saying very hurtful things. When I asked if he realized how much saying this was hurting me, he said, "I have to make my point." Making his point was more important to him than the pain he was inflicting.

This situation of blogging and posting all of the details for the world to see is similar because those doing it will make a similar statement when defending their right to do so. "I post everything good or bad." Do they have to? No, The choose to and then they try to justify it.

It's callous, uncaring, and so disrespectful. Never even mind hurtful.

cheekie said...

Right on.
Whether it's blogging or 'real' life, words can hurt.
Sometimes, a lot more than physical hurt.
It stays with you for a long time.

People tend to forget that.

If someone feels the need to have intimate details of my life in order to make theirs complete, well, maybe they should just go and get a life of their bloody own.

ME said...

Amen! You go girl!

auntiegwen said...

You said it !